Saturday, November 19, 2005

I Hate Sweeps

Normally November sweeps means no reruns, wacky guest-stars, extra-long extra-special episodes and a very happy Jennifer. This November sweeps, however, has meant pre-emptions for mini-series I have no interest in (The West Wing pre-empted by Category 7), pre-emptions for awards shows I have no interest in (The Amazing Race pre-empted by the CMAs), and pre-emptions for a crappy ordinary rerun of Prison Break, again. So this sweeps has made me very much less than happy.

What Happened Last Week

Drama

Meredith and McDreamy met in the elevator a brillion times before that awkward, aching, breathy moment. Mere: “I miss you.” LONG PAUSE. McDreamy: “I can’t.” Im melting.

The O.C. this year has been so hard to stay awake for. Two weeks in a row Ive fallen asleep fifteen minutes in to the episode. Listen up Newport, the Thursday at 8pm is a competitive timeslot. Look alive already!

Watching Bree get herself messed up even further with George on Desperate Housewives is giving me post-traumatic stress disorder.

Comedy

Jaime Pressly is just rocking the role of Joy on My Name Is Earl. I used to think she was weird-looking and kind of ugly. Now I think she’s trash-tastic and gorgeous. Best line this week: (while shopping for wedding napkins) “’Party Your Ass Off’ – Oh, and look, the little horse has a top hat on. Thats cute.

Reality

On Survivor Jamie got the boot for being completely and totally paranoid. You know what? Theres probably a mental condition out there called starvation psychosis. Im sure when youre not getting any food at all something weird can happen to your brain chemistry and make you absolutely out of your own head. I think thats what happened to poor Jamie. Im not trying to make myself unpopular here, but Ill bet Jamie isnt nearly as scary and intense when hes got a full belly. A little dim? Probably. As bad as we saw him in Guatemala? Doubtful.

Donald Trump thinks writing a pithy adult-soft-pop-rock song will prepare you for a career in real estate development.

What Happens Next

On Lost I’ve heard that Ana-Lucia will indeed be involved in romantic entanglements on Nonsense Island, but she will not be involved with who you’d expect. Given that piece of information, my guess is Michael.

Alyson Hannigan returns to Veronica Mars as Trina Echolls. I think she’ll be playing herself in a true-story-movie-of-the-week based on Papa Echolls downfall. Anything that keeps the Hamlin recurring on the show makes me happy.

Beau Bridges will play Earls dad on My Name Is Earl.

Oh, and the thing Im most excited about: Sark, Sark, Sark, Sark, Sark, Sark, Sark, Sark, SARK!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home